Wednesday, April 29, 2009

First photo

Well here it is...our baby's first photo. It's so neat to think of all the millions of pictures our baby will have in their life and this is their very first. In the picture we can see our baby's head, arms and the umbilical cord there. The technician verified that I'm 10 weeks along. We could see the baby's heartbeat as a spot that was pulsating in different shades. The ultrasound dept. told me that I would not be able to hear the heartbeat today. That was too bad. It's not that it couldn't be heard but that it wasn't part of this test. Ryan says the baby has my eyes! He's too funny. It might be just a little early for that. Anyhow, it was so amazing to see our baby for the first time. It feels to much more real now-that this is really happening for us and we are so thrilled. It was a good day. Here's one for the next scrapbook....

6 comments:

  1. Well, I do believe that it's a most excellent picture! It's just amazing what they can do these days to show us the babe so early....it must surely give encouragement! 30 weeks to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's a bummer that you couldn't hear the heartbeat....but at least you could see it! Pretty much as good, I'd say. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! I remember those days, so exciting! And it only gets more exciting from here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can tell it's Wettlaufer's already. Notice the proportionate size of the head to the rest of the body.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone. Hartwick, you are too funny!

    ReplyDelete